Thursday 14 June 2012

Westlife's Shane Filan declared bankrupt

He has sold more than 45million records as part of the boy band Westlife. But singer Shane Filan has been declared bankrupt after his property empire crumpled. 

The 32-year-old was said to have debts of £18million and a court has ruled that he is bust.

Speaking to The Mirror Shane said: 'I have worked long and hard to try to reduce my debts, and I am devastated that it came to this conclusion.'

The Irish heartthrob explained how he had spoke to several experts to try and find avoid bankruptcy but his efforts failed.

Shane is currently with his band members on Westlife's final tour and he told the paper he intends to focus on that in the near future.

He added that after the band finished performance he would start: 'looking to rebuild a future for my wife, my three children and myself.

Before the economic crises hit Shane and his brother Finbarr had borrowed millions from several banks in his native Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...