Wednesday 7 November 2012

Brazilian model Nana Gouvea apologises after posing for sexy photos amid debris of 'Hurricane Sandy'

A model who became a laughing stock when she posed amid the debris of Hurricane Sandy in New York has apologised in a tearful video.  

Brazilian Nana Gouvea, 30, was criticised worldwide for the photoshoot in which she leans against fallen trees and crushed cars after the superstorm - which killed 120 in the US and Canada.

And she made matters worse by saying: "I love hurricanes."

 The images, taken by her husband Carlos Keyes, were quickly turned into spoofs, showing Gouvea posing at the scene of other tragedies like 9/11 and Hiroshima.


more + pictures & video after the break... 


Nana, who has also starred in soaps and reportedly posed for Brazilian Playboy, has now issued a video statement in which she compares the standstill in New York to a “honeymoon”.

She said she was interviewed by a Brazilian journalist, who wanted some photos of her in New York after asking her how she was spending her time before the storm struck.

She said: “I answered her that me and my husband were alone at home, and we could not get out of home, and we could not work or do anything really serious at that moment.

“We were waiting for the hurricane to go on. And it was like a honeymoon, and at that day I was also thinking of opening a bottle of wine and waiting for things to get better so we could get out and go back to our current lives.”

Gouvea, who posed in a figure-hugging outfit for the pictures, denied the shoot was “sensual” and was surprised by the attention caused by the images.

She said: “I didn’t intend and I didn’t make any sensual pictures. I was standing in front of broken trees and smashed cars. I was trying to report the imagery of the city around my neighbourhood.

“I really did not intend to do a photoshoot, I was only answering a journalist to report a fact.

“I really respect American people, the US, I love New York with all my heart.

“I feel very very sorry for all the destruction that happened in the US, and especially in New York and New Jersey.
“I am very sure that I’m a good woman and I don’t deserve being treated like this.”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...