Wednesday 19 December 2012

Daniel Adenimokan opens up on separation with wife Doris Simon and relationship with Stella Damasus

At last, Daniel Adenimokan has confirmed that it’s over between him and star actress Doris Simone, his wife and mother of his son.

Daniel, who has kept off the media but ensconced in the Abuja apartment of another actress, Stella Damasus. 

Daniel, though a filmmaker said he has suddenly become business savvy and refers to his partner, Stella with the collective noun ‘We.’ He threw more light on the relationship between him and Stella especially their one stop shop plaza that houses a chain of their businesses
In an interview with newscarte.com, he spoke on his partnership with Stella and what caused his divorce from Doris, claiming they have decided to move on and chosen to be just friends.

Below is an excerpt of the interview: 


YOU WILL BE LAUNCHING YOUR CLOTHING LINE, CODE 55, TOMORROW (LAST SATURDAY). WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE EXPECT?
It is a one-stop shop. I expect the business to mature so that I can get money. I invested money in it. I’m not a guy who sees himself as being just a filmmaker. I try to do as many things as possible. The building itself houses all the things we do. When we launch Code 55, people can just walk into the boutique and buy anything they want, but they should also know that the building is called Index Two Plaza. Inside the plaza is Code 55, Index Two Studio, a rehearsal studio I just set up. It is currently the biggest studio, where musicians can come to rehearse with their live band, in Abuja.

I have a music recording studio and my film production house there as well. You can record your music video and everything you want there and, zof course, we have offices there. So, when we open the place officially, I expect the place to make a big mark and pray that God will bless the work of our hands. We named the clothing line Code 55 because you have to really sit down before you understand us. People say there is a mystery about me and they say the same thing about Stella. But trust me, may be you have to buy a decoder before you can decode who we are. For the 55, I was born 31 July and Stella is 24 April. If you add 31 and 24, you will get 55.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY SPECULATIONS ABOUT WHAT CAUSED YOUR DIVORCE FROM DORIS SIMEON. CAN YOU CLEAR THE AIR?
People will always blab about what they know and what they don’t know. Doris and I have remained friends. We have a child between us and the most important thing we should focus on is the well-being of the young boy. I’m a human being, so I am entitled to have my own emotions and and issues. But people should learn to mind their business. Bankers and other professionals go for divorce, but you will never see it on the pages of the newspapers.

Doris and I have retained our friendship. In fact, I just spoke to her few hours ago, so we talk all the time. Whenever there is something we need to discuss, we do that. We have moved on with our lives. Let people keep talking while Doris and Daniel continue to make their money. As far as I’m concerned, Nigeria has bigger problems that we all need to focus on. We have issues of oil, flood, kidnapping, Boko Haram and all that.

We have the Niger Delta and amnesty issues to deal with. I’m surprised people are still busy talking about whose home is breaking up and whose home is not breaking up. As far as I’m concerned, Doris is living her life happily and I’m living my life happily, too. Our son is happy and we talk from time to time. Life is about ups and downs. People get married and get separated for reasons best known to them, so they should let us breathe.

THERE WERE RUMOURS THAT DORIS ACCUSED STELLA OF SNATCHING YOU?
Who did Doris say that to? Whoever is saying that should come out to claim that Doris actually said so. People should leave Doris and Stella alone. The people saying these things have bigger problems. Some of them have one and half legs and then they will sit in one place to be fabricating stories.

PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE SPECULATING BECAUSE OF THE BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND STELLA?
They are free to say anything; my personal issue is my personal issue. In fact, if people are looking for stories, tell them that Daniel and Stella now have 24 children. Also tell them that we have bought 24 houses in Abuja and hoping to buy 17 more in America. Let them keep talking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...