Olivier Martinez has informed the LAPD that he is no longer interested in pursuing criminal charges against Gabriel Aubry, stemming from a brutal Thanksgiving brawl between the two men that ended in the Canadian-born model suffering horrific injuries.
Olivier informed the LAPD and the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office that he was no longer interested in pursuing criminal charges against Aubry," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.
"The LAPD had turned the case over to the Attorney's Office to determine if any charges should be filed. However, since the complaining witness has subsequently indicated he doesn't want to proceed, it is likely the case is dead on arrival.
"Aubry and Berry worked out a confidential settlement last week that included specific language about how none of the parties -- Halle, Gabe or Olivier -- would pursue criminal charges against the another. All sides managed to agree to satisfactory terms with the focus being on ending the mayhem for the sake of Halle and Gabriel's daughter Nahla," the source says.
Aubry has already dropped his plan to make the temporary restraining order he got against Martinez in the aftermath of the fight, permanent.
"Gabe suffered horrific injuries from the fight, but as part of the settlement he reached with Halle on Thursday he agreed to drop the bid for the permanent restraining order against Martinez," a source told Radar.
"Gabe feels that there are enough layers of protection in the settlement agreement that will protect him and Nahla."