Wednesday 19 December 2012

Celebrities blast Instagram for new policy allowing it to sell users’ photos

Celebrities are sounding off on Twitter after Instagram announced a new policy change in which they will have the right to sell every user’s photos without giving any compensation to the photographer. 

A number of stars are outraged about the new policy, a result of Facebook’s recent acquisition of the photo-sharing application, and have vowed to cancel their accounts.

Instagram’s new Terms of Service are set to go into effect on January 16, 2013.

Kate Walsh: “No more Instagram.”

Jordin Sparks: “YIKES! Bye instagram.”

Kevin Hart: “So I guess this means that I’m done with Instagram…..it’s been real people!!! #DontWhoreMeOut”
Anderson Cooper: “#Instagram will now be able to use anyone’s photos in ads? Without consent? Come on! Is there another photo app people recommend?

Colin Hanks: “This is the best tweet about Instagram RT “@MrJoshCharles #instasuckit”

Michelle Branch: “Bummer about Instagram. Where will I post all my food pics now!? Haha. #RIPInstagram”

Khloé Kardashian Odom: “Wow…I just read over Instagram’s new policy…so sad, looks like I might be deleting my instagram after Jan 16. I hope something changes”

Rosario Dawson: “Nice! Thanks! Gonna make sure my photos on Instagram are backed up & then switch to Tadaa! @Stop_Think_plz just created an account on tadaa!”

Kal Penn: “Sorry I gotta delete you, Instagram. I liked your filters.”

Natasha Bedingfield: “Bummer”

Tiffani Thiessen: “Really sad to have to end my luv 4 @instagram. Will be deleting my account due 2 their ridiculous new terms.”

Cheryl Burke: “Can’t believe Instagrams new policy! They r allowed 2 use ALL of ur images in advertising. Will be erasing my account shortly.” Olivia Wilde: Facebook, aka weird kid brother who steals all our shit, get out of our Instagram! You ruined the party. I hate you.

Haylie Duff: I think this is so wrong. Guess it will be byebye to Instagram for me in 2013.

Mia Farrow: Trust me, deleting your Instagram account is satisfying #itsthelittlethings.

Pink: I WILL BE QUITTING INSTAGRAM TODAY. WHAT A BUMMER. YOU SHOULD ALL READ THEIR NEW RULES.

Cory Monteith: they’re gonna sell my air vent?!?!? “@CNNMoney: Instagram can now sell your photos for ads.”

Nina Garcia: I guess that no photo filter can hide what instagram’s new terms of use will mean for all of its users #fail.

Coco Rocha: As a model and more importantly as a human being I am horrified to read @instagram’s new policy. Please RT.

Sophia Bush: Um. Dear Facebook. It’s super twisted that you think it’s okay to screw over @instagram users.

Seth Green: For anyone following me on Instagram @53th_6r33n I may be deleting due to their new TOS.

Jamie Bell: For anyone who cares for copyright over their own images & photographs, get off of Instagram now.

Andy Cohen: I guess it’s time to [quit] @instagram right?

Kylie Jenner: Might be deleting my Instagram if these [policies] go through.

Emma Roberts: I am so mad at Instagram!!!!!!! It was my happy place. I’m gonna delete. Sigh. Not until the new year though….

Michelle Branch: Bummer about Instagram. Where will I post all my food pics now!? Haha. #RIPInstagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...